OnePlus 5 launched in India! After a lot of rumors and leaks, OnePlus has finally launched its 2017 flagship – the OnePlus 5 in India. In this article, we’ll be sharing all the specifications and our opinions regarding it.
Quick Specification Overview
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Display, sRGB, DCI-P3 Color Coverage
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 SoC
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Non-Expandable Storage
- 16MP Rear Camera With f/1.7 Aperture, 1.12μm Pixel Size, Sony IMX398 Sensor, Dual LED Flash, EIS. And Secondary 20MP Camera With f/2.6 Aperture, Sony IMX350 Sensor, 1.0μm Pixel size, 4K At 30fps, 1080p At 60 fps, 720p Slow Motion At 120fps
- 16MP Front-Facing Camera With f/2.0 Aperture, 1.0μm Pixel Size, Sony IMX371 Sensor
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat With Oxygen OS
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm Audio Jack, 3 Microphones With Noise Cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac Dual-Band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB-C, NFC
- Dimensions: 154.2×74.1×7.25mm; Weight: 153g
On paper, the Oneplus 5 is a beast and competes with the tier 1 flagships such as – iPhone 7 Plus and the Galaxy S8. But, in real world usage, we’ll see that how it stacks up.
The things that concern me is the 1080p display, the 3300mAh battery and the iPhone sort of look from the back. Come on OnePlus, it is 2017 and all the phones that are tagged as “flagships” have a 1440p display and it’s the fourth year that OnePlus is using a 1080p screen. The difference is not big but still, it matters for some. The battery on the OnePlus 5 is same as the 3T. Though the OnePlus 5 has the Snapdragon 835 processor, the battery life may improve slightly but would not be able to last for more than a day of usage. The last reason, the users will be reluctant to purchase the OnePlus 5 because of its iPhone sort of look from the back and that is really unacceptable from OnePlus. Nevertheless, we’ll see the consumer reaction and see if OnePlus 5 is a success or failure.
Pricing and Availablity
There are two variants of the phone, one with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB Internal Storage, the other with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB Internal Storage. The 6 GB/ 64 GB variant is priced at INR 32999 whereas the 8 GB/ 128 GB Variant is priced at INR 37999. OnePlus has launched the OnePlus 5 exclusively on Amazon India. The sale starts from today till midnight for the early birds and the official sale starts on 27th June.
Let us know what do you think about the OnePlus 5 in the comments section.